Nathan Smith creates beautiful, intricate images using Photoshop and fractal art. (Check out this article for more about fractals and fractal generators.) The image above, “Abstract Fractal,” is composed mostly of elements created in Photoshop. The carved gold is made using layer styles applied to paths, all within Photoshop. The jewels (a signature part of many works by Smith) are also made in Photoshop. Nathan Smith shares his knowledge, as well as his many striking images, in his Deviant Art gallery (here). In the gallery, there’s a page of tutorials, where you can learn how these amazing images are made. Smith has generously provided a huge page full of Photoshop tutorials and videos here, on the Utah State University site. You can download many of Smith’s works as desktop art, on the Caedes website. As you can see, Nathan Smith’s generosity is as great as his artistic ability, which is considerable. It’s gives me great pleasure to share some of his work with you.
- Inspiration: Photomanipulation Masters Part 2
- Inspiration: Photomanipulation Masters Part 3
- Inspiration: Photomanipulation Artistry by Louvre89
- Inspiration: Photomanipulation Masters Part 1
- Tutorial: Create Gold Jewelry with Photoshop, Part One
- Inspiration: Worth1000.com
- Inspiration: Chiaroscuro Adds Drama to Portraits