The computer graphics website CG Arena (www.cgarena.com) publishes a free online magazine every other month. The new issue, just out today, includes a 7-page tutorial I wrote about painting a highly-realistic bald eagle portrait using Photoshop. This tutorial is about twice the length of the ones I publish here on Digital Image Magazine, so there’s lots of detail and screen captures to explain the process. The tutorial is called “The Making of Sentinel.” You can download the free magazine and read the tutorial, along with lots of other great content, here. Here’s a close-up look at the finished painting.
- Beginning Digital Painting with Photoshop
- Resources: Online Training for Digital Painting
- Book Review: Digital Painting in Photoshop
- Tutorial: Create a Fantasy Painting with Photoshop and Corel Painter
- Tutorial: Add Craquelure to Your Digital Oils
- Tutorial: Basic Portrait Painting Technique for Corel Painter
- Review: Digital Collage and Painting, by Susan Ruddick Bloom