After learning the basics in the first two videos, we’re ready to get serious. No more apples: we’re painting a face. First, a few notes:
- The video is similar to this article we published a year or two ago. You may want to read it first. This is the most-read article on the site.
- The photo I work on in the video is available here, for free. Download it and you can follow along.
- Here is a short PDF guide for this video. It’s a sort of cheat sheet. You can refer to it when you’re working on your own projects.
The video is after the jump.
Some Digital News…
There’s a new online community for artists, to help you with your marketing, sponsored by Digimarc. It’s called The Emancipated Artist. Here’s how they describe themselves:
Emancipated Artist isn’t just blog posts, forum topics and contests (although you’ll discover all are included). The folks at Emancipated Artist hired a professional researcher to be on the watch for useful information about how to successfully get your own business off the ground: attracting your first customer, dealing with clients, pricing your work, and finding answers to your copyright, legal and tax-related questions. All of which can be found in the Useful Info section.
In the Forum and Blogs sections, members will be able to interact with each other – ask questions, share what has worked as well as what hasn’t. Currently the Forum is divided into the following areas of interest:
Getting Started on Your Own
As with each new online community, its members are integral to the direction and success of the community. With that in mind, we hope you will be one of the first to join the conversation at www.theemancipatedartist.com.
From our friends at Filter Forge:
We have released the third stage of Filter Forge 2.0 beta, introducing support for non-seamless filters, 30+ new components, and more. Additionally, all editions of Filter Forge 1.0 are currently offered at a spring 50% discount — users can save up to $150. You can find more info about the new features in the current beta stage here:
- Video Tutorial: Beginning Portrait Painting with Corel Painter, Part 4
- Video Tutorial: Beginning Portrait Painting with Corel Painter, Part 5
- Video Tutorial: Beginning Portrait Painting with Corel Painter
- Tutorial: Basic Portrait Painting Technique for Corel Painter
- Tutorial: An Easy Pet Portrait in Pastel with Corel Painter
- Tutorial: Paint a Watercolor Bridal Portrait with Corel Painter
- Tutorial: Create a Fantasy Painting with Photoshop and Corel Painter